Tuesday, January 28, 2014

ME Challenge - January 2014

Hi everyone,

I'm here again with another card challenge entry.  This one is for Mama Elephant's January Challenge.  I've always loved the fun and cute designs of ME so I was excited to give this contest a try. The challenge is based on a photo as inspiration.  This lovely picture brought back happy memories of my own wedding.  I was drawn to several elements of this photo, but the peonies and the silver purse is what inspired my card.
http://www.mamaelephantblog.com/2014/01/me-challenge-january-2014.html 

Here's my creation:


Since I'm relatively new to the stamping scene my collection isn't huge.  I thought this would be a perfect chance to stretch some of my stamp sets.  I used the Mama Elephant's Lights out stamp set, and used the light bulb stamp to make my flower petals. I decided to make a gradient of pink to match the color scheme.  Next I added some glitter tape and made a little bow using the ME bow die set.  I used the sentiment "It's your time to Shine" which I think perfectly matches the glitter!

Cheers and keep crafting :)
 Janet 

1 comment:

  1. That glitter tape provides a nice pop of shimmer! Great design.

    ReplyDelete