Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Retro sketches #99

Hi everyone,

Today I have an entry for Retro Sketches #99.  Here is the lovely sketch from their website.  If you click on the picture below you can reach their website as well.


 When I saw this layout I knew I wanted to play along.  The little circular cut-out really reminded me of the sun or halo of light. I immediately went to work and here's what I created:


I used my Mama Elephant Lights Out stamp set and stamped the different light bulb elements on vellum.  I've never tried this before and it seemed to work out.  I had to heat set it prior to adhering it to the card.  I picked a rather bright and colorful background.  I wanted that to mimic rays of light.  I finished off with the sentiment.  I had to cut off the word shine on the stamp to make it 2 separate lines.  I finished off with some My Mind's Eye enamel dots to add some color to the white panel.

I hope you got inspired today.  Keep on crafting :)

Janet 

1 comment:

  1. All the elements in this card work beautifully. Amazing card as always!

    ReplyDelete